“By using this website we will NOT assume you are happy with cookies”
The ICO’s guidance on cookies has recently been updated. Essentially, the new guidance suggests that implied consent will no longer be appropriate and instead granular consent for each category of cookies must be obtained from your website users.
We suggest you take action by:
- Re-confirming the cookies deployed on your website;
- Carefully reviewing what each cookie does and categorise them accordingly;
- Removing any cookies which are no longer required for your business needs;
- Building/updating your cookie consent mechanism to ensure your website users can accept or reject each category of cookies; and
- Updating your cookies policy.
In this guide, we provide further information on our recommended actions.
Share this blog
Need to talk about this?
Download our guide here
Share this Blog
The hottest topics in technologyclose
- Adtech & martech
- Artificial intelligence
- Cloud computing
- Complex & sensitive investigations
- Cryptocurrencies & blockchain
- Data analytics & big data
- Data breaches
- Data rights
- Digital commerce
- Digital content risk
- Digital health
- Digital media
- Digital infrastructure & telecoms
- Emerging businesses
- Financial services
- KLick DPO
- Open banking
- Software & services